50 Conversation Starters to Help Grow Your Relationship
Life can be so busy that we don’t always sit and talk, really talk, to the one we love the most. There’s so much happening with work, family, friends and household errands that all too often we forget to take the time to connect with our partner and really tune into them and to provide an opportunity for them to tune in to us.
Everyone likes to feel heard and be listened to. There is a basic element of kindness of just being present and listening to your partner or loved one.
These conversations don’t have to be heavy or deeply vulnerable for either of you. It also doesn’t have to be a chore. They can be lighthearted stolen moments to brighten both your day or night. Consider them an opportunity to connect and bring some goodness between you two.
If you find that easy conversations tend to lead to an argument, you may want to read the link provided to give your conversations some guardrails to move through those challenging talks.
These conversations don’t need to be scheduled. In fact spontaneous talks are sometimes the best. Consider chatting over morning coffee, setting aside some time together after dinner, while running errands, or mixing a cocktail and enjoy your own happy hour right after work.
Here are 50 conversation starters for you and the one you love.
1. What can I do to help you have a good day?
2. Is there anything unfinished between us that I may have missed? I want to make sure you are feeling heard.
3. Is there anything I can say or do to help you feel more loved by me?
4. What are some of your most pleasant memories before we met? Since we met?
5. Are there any new memories you would like us to create?
6. Are there any hobbies or interests that you would like us to share?
7. How was your day? What was the best part of your day so far? The worst?
8. What would you like your life to look like in the next few days? Few weeks? Few months? Few years?
9. What were your best memories of your childhood? Are there any we can try to replicate for you now?
10. What is the most fun you have ever had?
11. What makes you the happiest?
12. What is your most important love language?
13. What do you think is your best quality?
14. What are you most grateful for in life?
15. When did you feel most happiest in life and why?
16. What has been your most embarrassing moment in life?
17. What is one thing you would like to change about yourself and why?
18. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what would you miss the most?
19. If crimes were legal for one day, what is one that you would like to commit?
20. How would you most like to destress? How can I support you in that?
21. Have you ever gotten rid of a bad habit? Is there anything that I can do to support getting rid of any bad habits now?
22. What’s something that I do that makes you feel most loved?
23. What has been your biggest adventure in life?
24. What makes you feel appreciated in our relationship?
25. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
26. If today was my last day on earth, what would you want to do together?
27. Do you think we communicate openly in our relationship? What can we do to improve our communication together?
28. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? What is the best compliment that I’ve ever given you?
29. What’s your most favorite memory of us together?
30. Who is the best couple in your family and why?
31. What is the best gift you’ve ever given to someone?
32. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
33. What do you think people assume about you when they first see you and don’t know you yet?
34. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
35. If you were ever to be the opposite sex, what’s the first thing you would do? What would you like to do? What would you dislike the most?
36. What makes us different and unique from other couples?
37. When was the last time you laughed so hard that you cried?
38. What do you think our life will be like 10 years from now?
39. What is the biggest lie you’ve told? What’s the biggest lie anyone has told you?
40. What’s the title of the book that tells our love story?
41. What about yourself are you most proud of?
42. When are you the most “you”?
43. What would the best version of you be like?
44. What’s a favorite memory of someone who is no longer in your life?
45. What’s your favorite thing in our house?
46. What is something you wish you could say to people but can’t?
47. What small pleasures do you enjoy the most?
48. What calms you down and comforts you the most?
49. What do you most like about where we live?
50. What luxury would you most like to treat yourself with?
I hope that you have found this article helpful. If you need a little extra help discovering additional prompts for conversation starters in your relationship or at work, please feel free to contact me for a free 15-minute phone consultation. I have some additional great strategies that may help!